Basic Policy on the Protection of Personal Information
SEIBUNDO SHINKOSHA Publishing Co., Ltd. (hereafter, “the Company”) takes all possible precautions and care to ensure the protection of users’ personal information. The Company understands the importance of users’ personal information as well as its responsibility to protect said information in an appropriate manner, and the Company handles all user personal information appropriately based on the following Personal Information Protection Policy.
- The Company collects, uses and provides personal information in an appropriate manner and only to the extent necessary. The Company manages personal information in a manner that prevents the use of personal information for any except the specifically stated purposes, except when permission has been obtained from the personal information owner.
- The Company adheres to all laws, regulations, national government guidelines, and other rules and stipulations regarding the handling of personal information.
- The Company utilizes reasonable safety and corrective measures to prevent unauthorized access to, as well as leakage, falsification and/or loss of, personal information.
- The Company has established a contact point for inquiries regarding personal information handling and protection as well as complaints, and responds to user inquiries in a prompt manner.
- The Company continually revises and improves measures undertaken in relation to the Personal Information Protection Policy.
President, SEIBUNDO SHINKOSHA Publishing Co., Ltd.
Handling of Personal Information
The Company handles and protects users’ personal information in accordance with the Act on the Protection of Personal Information.
The Company uses personal information collected from users for the following purposes.
1. Personal information usage in business activities:
- ･Confirmation of product purchases, delivering of products, and similar operations
- ･Management of customer purchase history
- ･Provision of information on products and services via e-mail, postal mail, etc.
- ･Confirmation of applications to participate in seminars and other events, as well as related e-mail contact tasks
- ･Receipt of questionnaire responses, prize entries and similar, as well as sending of related rewards/payments, prizes and products
- ･Registration confirmation for membership-based services and sending of related e-mails
- ･Administration of special campaigns, questionnaires, etc.
- ･Advertising, promotion, notifications and results announcements related to products as well seminars and other events by the Company and third parties
- ･Responses as necessary to inquiries and comments from users
- ･Confirming the identity of users
- ･Contacting users with operation-related notifications regarding service additions, changes, suspensions, etc.
- ･Usage for purposes of improving existing services and developing new services
2. Usage of all collected personal information together for statistical purposes:
- ･Creation of statistical data in a manner that does not enable identification of individual user data, for purposes of marketing, sales promotion, product planning, service improvements, provision to outside organizations, etc.
Provision and Disclosure of Personal Information to Third Parties
The Company only discloses/provides personal information to third parties in the following cases, and not in any other case:
- ･When permission for disclosure/provision has been obtained in advance from the user
- ･In response to a customer request for additional information on an advertisement displayed on the Company’s website, in which case the Company will disclose said user’s personal information to the advertiser for that purpose only after obtaining permission from the user in question
- ･When providing/disclosing personal information to the provider of a prize or gift item in response to a user’s application for said prize or gift item through the Company’s website, only after obtaining permission from the user in question
- ･When disclosure is required by the Act on the Protection of Personal Information
- ･When provision/disclosure is require by any other law
Provision of Personal Information to Third Parties for Purposes of Operation Outsourcing
The Company may provide personal information to a third party or parties, under a personal information confidentiality agreement signed by the third party or parties in question, for purposes of outsourcing operations. In this case, only the minimum required personal information will be provided. During such outsourcing, the Company strictly enforces personal information confidentiality agreements and manages all personal information.
This website, which is operated by the Company, may feature advertisements provided by third-party advertisers, in which case the third-party advertiser in question may collect and use information on the website user obtained through cookies.
- ･The website user may stop the usage of user-related cookie information for advertising purposes by visiting the opt-out page on the relevant third party’s website and carrying out stoppage procedures.
- ･Cookies are saved as a file on the user’s computer when using a website in order to facilitate communication of usage history, inputted information and other user-related information between the browser and the website server. During subsequent user visits to the website, stored cookie data is used by the website operator to personalize information and content displayed for the user in question. If the user’s browser is set to allow sending and receiving of cookies, the website will acquire cookie information from the user’s browser. For purposes of privacy protection, only cookie information from the website or webpage in question will be sent between the user’s browser and the server.
- ･The user may change their browser settings to allow sending and receiving of all cookies, disable sending and receiving of all cookies, allow sending and receiving of cookies following user notification, etc. The method of changing such settings vary by browser; for information on cookie settings for your browser, please refer to the browser’s Help section.
- ･Setting your browser to refuse all cookies may prevent the use of services that require user authentication, and otherwise limit or prevent usage of Internet-based services offered by the Company through this website.
Secure Management of Personal Information
In order to prevent unauthorized access to user-provided personal information by any third party, the Company utilizes industry-standard Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) protocols in order to encrypt information sent via the Internet and prevent interception or illicit access.
Disclosure of and Changes to Personal Information by Users
In accordance with relevant laws and regulations, the user may request disclosure, revision, additions to, deletion, cessation of usage, and other such changes to their personal information held by the Company. To make such a request, the user or their authorized representative must make a clear, written request on paper and send it together with proof of identity to the contact point below. The Company will respond as necessary in accordance with relevant laws and regulations.
Contact Point for Personal Information Inquiries
For any questions or comments regarding personal information, please contact us at the following telephone number or via this website’s contact form.
Management Division, SEIBUNDO SHINKOSHA Publishing
Tel: +81 3-5800-5780
Hours: weekdays 10 a.m.–5 p.m. (excluding national holidays and the New Year holiday)